Spanish chicken pie recipe Roasted peppers, olives and paprika give this bake tons of flavour. It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken too
- 1kg potatoes , chopped
- 3 tsp paprika (use smoked paprika if you have it)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g cooked chicken , shredded
- 140g roasted pepper from a jar, sliced (we like Karyatis)
- handful Kalamata olives , halved
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 mins until tender. Drain, return to the pan, then mash with some seasoning and 2 tsp of the paprika.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onions and garlic for a few mins until softened. Stir in the remaining paprika for 1 min, add the tomatoes , then, bring to a simmer. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, then stir in the chicken, peppers, olives and some seasoning.
Spoon over the mash, then bake for 15 mins until the mash is golden on top and the sauce is bubbling.